Saturday, April 23, 2011

An unexpected Smile!

There's a lot of S.M.I.L.E.S. going on in Post, Texas these days but a couple of weeks ago, there weren't many actual smiles on faces but there was a lot of smoke in the air. As many of you know Garza County, as well as lot of other areas in West Texas were up in flames...literally. Because of the lack of rain, our land is so dry a tiny spark can end up burning thousands of acres. In Post, our firefighters battled those flames for days and as a result their equipment was basically worn out.

So why am I saying there are a lot of S.M.I.L.E.S. going on now?

If you don't live in Post, you're missing out. Post, Texas is an amazing place to live. Our community is the most supportive place I know. EVERYONE, and I do mean EVERYONE, is pitching in to raise money for the Post Volunteer Fire Department to fix, replace and buy new equipment. There are so many different things that have been done, even the elementary school classes are having a competition to see how much money they can raise selling bracelets, bake sales, raffles, and today a car wash. And this is where the unexpected part comes in...Craig went to get our car washed by the 4th graders of Post Elementary. While they were washing it, he called with a great idea...how about we share a S.M.I.L.E. with them as they are sharing a S.M.I.L.E. with our fire department. I know they're not actually calling them S.M.I.L.E.S. but that's what they're doing "sharing more in life's everyday struggles" and making a lot of firemen really smile!!! I was so excited to do something for these awesome kids and teachers to show them how we can all support each other.

So pizza & drinks it was...not really a big thing but I hope it was enough to show these kids what they where doing was being noticed and hopefully they'll keep giving...like 1 Peter 4:10 says "Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. "

Koda & Brynne even got to step in and help a little which they enjoyed as well!

Here's a few pics...










Thanks for reading...& don't forget the S.M.I.L.E.S.!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment